Saturday, July 5, 2008

From Slovenia to Croatia

The Slovenian coast is very short, so after picking up my mother from Lublijana airport, we sailed out of Croatia. We had to go through customs in Piran because I wanted to detax an outboard engine that I bought in Portoroz. The guys from customs were very nice, but after a few seconds of looking at the papers he said - where are your export documents for the boat? How stupid I am to go into this can of worms... I wasn't sure I was allowed to go through a an EU customs after leaving Italy. Anyway, at some point the customs-officer joined me to the boat to see the new engine, and told me on the way: "You know you made a mistake"... My heart sank... "But it's not a big mistake, it's a small mistake"... "You should have checked into Croatia first, and then get back into the EU, but we won't do you any trouble...". To make a long story short, I got the detax and sailed on to Croatia.

BTW - to all the LP developers, the name Piran drove me crazy. I kept thinking of "prun"...

Some pictures from Portoroz and Piran:





Princess Nayeli in Slovenia - Portoroz and Piran


So, from Piran we sailed over to Rovini in Croatia (about 15 miles). Rovini is a picturesque old town that was a built on a tiny Island and in later days the channel to the Island was filled up and is now part of the mainland. We moored at the North mole of Rovini which is wide open. It's very nice in calm weather, which is what we had there, and in the heart of the city, but every 10 minutes another tourist boat came by, full speed, and uncomfortably rolled our boat.

After Rovini, We spent a night in a bay. Water was cristal clear, 25.4 degrees, and great for swimming. It was the first time we pumped the dinghy, and tried it for the first time. It works great.

We are now in Pula, at the south west corner of Isteria, in an ACI marina.

Some pictures from Rovini and the bay:








Princess Nayeli in Croatia - Rovini



Have fun,

The Halahami family + Noga Shaulsky

No comments: